Sunday, July 8, 2012

Physical Recovery Update - I'll save my pathetic whining for another post


 
Just wanted to give a full report on how I am recovering physically from my surgery. This is much better than my mental state.

 
  • Staples are out and my 11 inch scar is finishing its healing with surgical strips
  • I still cannot go into the pool until the incision completely heals - this is killing me. I could at least be getting an awesome tan floating in the pool. :)
  • I've started PT twice a week and am very happy with my therapists.
  • I've been doing my exercises as directed by my PT and can see progress being made already. Yay!
  • The PT said I could ride the recumbent bike at the gym for 20-30 minutes. YAY!
  • I have also started to incorporate a few very modified Yoga asanas. These are mostly restorative and chest and arm pit openers. Remember an open armpit makes us happy and helps to cure depression. I should be walking around with my arms up all the time -maybe that would help. hahahaha
  • I am starting to back off on my meds a little which is a good thing since they really F with my mind.
  • I'm starting to get more visits from friends and family and found that even a small daily outing can boost my optimism.
  • I'm still dependant on my sexy walker but am hoping to transition to a cane in the next few weeks.
Thank you to everyone who has been in touch with me. Your kind words and outreach of love make a difference in my recovery.

 
Namaste'

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Amy--you look great! Maybe you should be thinking, "slow and steady wins the race." Hang in there.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy,
    You are in my thoughts and prayers! My heart is also with you because I too have a very hard time with anything that I can't just push (muscle) my way through. I am much happier helping than being helped. Know that you are an amazing woman with an incredible ability to touch others, even when healing from such an unfair, crazy place in your life.
    love and blessings,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete