Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day


A reflection of my current personal troubles leaves me feeling a little ashamed today.

Today we honor all the men and women who fought for our country so we can be free. Some are still with us, some paid the ultimate price with their lives and some will forever be changed physically and mentally as a result of their service to our country.

My troubles are minuscule in comparison and I will recover and move forward with my life. It may not be how I have planned it - but I will still have a future - whatever that may look like after all of this.

So many of our service men and women were not able to do that so easily. Some lost their futures and many had their future altered as well.

Remember - no matter how much we may suffer in this life - there are others who have suffered greater and lost more than we can imagine.

Namaste'

No comments:

Post a Comment