Thursday, June 14, 2012

Well Wishes - come in a variety of disguises


This week has been a blur. Trying to get things done before I am unable to do what I want to without the assistance of others. It has also been a week of others wanting some of my time to express their well wishes.

These well wishes come in a variety  of disguises. A hug, an invitation to lunch, a text, an e-mail, a visit to the final Yoga class, or a prayer for a speedy recovery.  For others it's a phone call, a 10 minute chat to see how you are and still for others it may be a gift. Some flowers, a card, a promise of a homemade dinner after I return from the hospital, a massage, a spread sheet - listing who is coming to take care of me and on what days, books on CD to listen to while I convalesce, and in one case a magnificent "comforting" home made quilt!

And while these gestures of comfort and well wishes all look distinctly different - they all mean the world to me. They all make me realize the gift I am given every day through my family and friends who love me and are part of my immediate and extended family. Whether it's my Divine Yoga Studio family, YMCA, Ride Yourself Fit, UCR or my friends and family who have been with me through everything. I am truly blessed.

Know that your words and gestures of of comfort and caring are carrying me through these last few days before my surgery. Also know that they will continue to carry me during and after the surgery as well. Thank you everyone for all your kindness.

Please, for me, as a gift from me to you -take a minute and think about all the people who love you and are there for you and who would do anything to make things better for you. Are you thinking of them??? Good - now send them a warm wish and thank them for their love. There really is no greater gift.

Here is a picture of the amazing quilt made by Cathy Brown - a Yoga student and friend of mine. Truly a talented quilter (and she has quite a sense of humor as well).

No comments:

Post a Comment